Low-maintenance skid antennas offer superior ease of operation
BURLINGTON, Iowa – (March 6, 2012) – Winegard Company, a leader and innovator in satellite and terrestrial antenna solutions for nearly 60 years, is now offering customized skids designed for their VSAT antennas. The skid-deployed VSAT antenna systems deliver rapid deployment, and high-availability broadband connections in a rugged, portable package.
"Skid-deployed antennas are in increasing demand because they can easily be transported from site to site as needed; enabling IT managers to allocate bandwidth as changes in demand occurs, " said Jon Manley, Director of Engineering and Business Development for Winegard. "Our skid-deployed antennas do not require a skilled technician to set up and deploy, thus offering the lowest total cost of deployment."
Winegard's new skid-deployed systems feature the following benefits:
- Portability – Designed to be moved from site to site.
- Durability - The skid acts as a protective barrier from damage, weather and other hazards. They operate in winds exceeding 50 mph and in temperatures of -40°F to 127°F, making them extremely rugged and durable.
- Easy Maneuverability - Eyelets are positioned on the skid so that a fork lift or crane can easily lift the unit in and out of the truck.
- Effortless Deployment - A unique gas-strut lift mechanism raises and lowers the antennas and requires minimal force from operator to adjust.
- Fully Customizable – Winegard designs and manufactures custom skids to accommodate any size antenna for any application.
For more information about Winegard's VSAT antennas, visit http://www.winegard.com/vsat.
Winegard Company designs and manufactures world class commercial VSAT 2-way antennas that provide real-time broadband communication solutions for extreme and remote environments to oil and gas facilities in remote regions, the military and emergency response teams. Winegard also has a longstanding reputation for their satellite and over-the-air multi-media antenna products. With nearly 60 years of antenna design, testing and manufacturing experience, Winegard's innovated solutions have shaped the industry for home, enterprise, recreational vehicle, truck, marine, medical, and automotive markets. A pioneer in antenna technology, Winegard has designed more than 1,000 different antenna models with more than 60 U.S. product patents, making Winegard products the benchmark for quality and performance.
Winegard Company is a privately held company led by Randy Winegard, son of founder, John Winegard and is headquartered in Burlington, Iowa. To learn more about Winegard, visit http://www.winegard.com or call 800-288-8094.