BURLINGTON, Iowa – (March 25, 2009) – Sharing the floor with over 300 companies at the packed house of the Walter E. Washington Convention Center, the Winegard Company’s Special Products Division (Booth 755) is exhibiting its newest generation of two-way VSAT satellite communications systems at the Satellite 2009 Conference and Exhibition this week, March 25-27, 2009, in our nation’s capital.
For the past 29 years, the Satellite shows have been the premier event for networking among the satellite marketplace. From top military officials to C-level executives to broadcasters and engineers implementing satellite-enabled networks, the annual conference and exhibition brings together the power players in the global satellite-enabled communications market.
Just ahead, Winegard will demonstrate how its two-way satellite communications products are a lifeline in emergency settings at the upcoming 2009 Governor's Hurricane Conference, (May 10-15, 2009, Greater Ft. Lauderdale/Broward County Convention Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Fla.). Last year the conference and exhibits attracted emergency management professionals from federal, state and county offices. These included FEMA, the armed forces, weather service, fire, EMS, public works/utility, health, medical, law enforcement, agricultural, emergency management and transportation departments, and volunteer and non-profit organizations. Representatives from Winegard (Booth 429) will be available to answer any questions.
Later in the year, Winegard will illustrate how its VSAT products specifically meet the rigorous demands of the offshore industry at the 9th Annual Offshore Communications Conference & Exhibition (Nov 3-5, 2009, Marriott Houston Westchase, Houston, Texas). The one-of-a-kind networking event connects offshore oil, gas and maritime industries with the latest communications and information technologies. This year’s event promises a completely new format, allowing for a more discussion-based forum. Communications and IT professionals will learn about the latest practices, products and services available in their ever-changing industry and find solutions to some of their most difficult issues. Representatives from Winegard (Booths 51 and 52) will be available to discuss specific applications and answer any technical VSAT questions.
Winegard Company, incorporated in 1954, has been a leading producer of quality television reception products for over 50 years. The company has built a worldwide reputation based on an unwavering commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in the quality, cost and delivery of its products, services and processes.
Winegard currently manufactures and markets five distinct product lines:
• Special Products: Two-way VSAT satellite communications systems for the enterprise, energy, and emergency response industries in 0.84 meter, 0.96 meter, 1.2 meter and 1.8 meter configurations.
• Mobile Television Reception Products: Recreational vehicle, truck, marine, and automotive applications. Digital and HD satellite TV antennas ranging from manual crank-up models to fully automatic stationary and in-motion systems with GPS/DVB. DTV and HDTV bi-directional and omni-directional over-the-air antennas. Ground antenna mounts and accessories.
• Satellite TV Antennas and Mounts: Residential antennas ranging in size from 46 cm to 1 meter, including mounts and accessories.
• Over-the-Air DTV/HDTV Antennas: DTV and HDTV VHF/UHF/FM TV antenna systems, distribution and preamplifiers, power supplies and accessories.
• Telemetry: Medical and data antenna systems, distribution amplifiers, power supplies and accessories.