Manufacturer of High Quality Television Reception Products
Attention New Users: We have upped the security on new member registrations in an attempt to stop spam posting. Please contact us if you are having problems joining the forums.
All things related to HDTV Home Antenna reception including antenna recommendations, channel listings, basic questions and more!
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Few installation questions about a Winegard HD 4400 4-Bay that just arrived (only worked with Yagi types before - and not since the last century…)
1) The parts bag was open when received and loose in the box. There is no list. Is this everything expected?
2 mast clamps/U-bolts with 4 larger nuts;
4 bolts; 4 nuts; 4 washers;
2 wing nuts;
1 300/75 ohm balun.
2) It looks like the connecting arms/support braces might let the driven element boom be adjustable relative to the reflector boom - at least before tightening. Is the goal to get the horizontal elements of each of the 2 antenna sections in line (one directly behind the other) where they can match, in between, or however it falls when the support braces are parallel to the ground, or it doesn't matter?
3) It looks like 2 of the 4 bolts attach the large boom to the mast clamps, and the other 2 attach the small boom to the support braces coming from the large boom. Are the 4 washers NOT to go with the 4 bolts, but rather used to sandwich the balun's spade lugs before tightening the downlead connection with the wing nuts?
4) There is a third hole through the large boom closer to the top. Is this meant to be there/open?
5) The bottom cap of the large boom is loose/off. Is it important to seal it on to have it capped, or is being water "drain-able" at the bottom ok?
Thanks for any info.
Good morning tenna1 -
Please refer to the HD-400 installation instructions located at http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/1450464.PDF. If you are still having problems please let us know.
Thanks for replying. Had the b/w printed 4400 guide in the box, but the color pdf helped. And actually the even more detailed 8800 pdf more so, but
> If you are still having problems please let us know.
1,3) Can you confirm there are only 4 washers included and they all are meant to sandwich the 2 wing nut/downlead/spade lugs connection (rather than the 4 threaded bolts that they happen to fit).
2) Does the vertical position of the driven element boom matter except to be in front of the reflector boom? (asking since various photos and diagrammed views in the manual and the Winegard sales pages seem somewhat different as far as the relative vertical positioning of the horizontal elements of the 2 parts of this antenna.)
4) OK. I see the extra hole is pictured in the diagram as there but unused.
5) Do I need to glue the bottom cap back on. Or can it safely be left off.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest
© 2012 Winegard Co. All Rights Reserved