I have two new HD TV's, and I'd like to be able to watch TV on them. Two days ago I figured out that I need an antenna. This is the level of exertise you're dealing with - dummy level. So:
1) According to Antenna Web, I need a small multi-directional yellow UHF antenna. Furthest station is 6.3 miles.
2) The TV's are on the 2nd and 3rd floor of a townhouse. We don't have access to the roof or an attic, but one of the bedrooms has a small balcony.
1) Will the FreeVision HD30 antenna work for me?
2) I can see that in the picture it's mounted on the apartment outside wall - but that would require drilling into the brick from the outside, and that's pretty much impossible. So my options are to simply lay it out on the balcony or to mount it inside. If it's on the balcony, it will be next to an air-conditioning unit. Is that a problem?
3) Then, how do I connect it to the two TV's? Would I need two antennas, one for each? How do people get the cable from outside to the inside? If it goes through the window or the balcony door, then they won't close completely. Could I run the cable through the A/C sleeve in the wall? How do other people do this?
4) So in the course of writing this post, I figured out I'll need cable. What kind?
5) Is there anything else I need? Or am I thinking about it all wrong? Is there a simpler way to do this? I would really like to get high quality HD reception.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and please asssume I know nothing.