Manufacturer of High Quality Television Reception Products
Attention New Users: We have upped the security on new member registrations in an attempt to stop spam posting. Please contact us if you are having problems joining the forums.
All things related to the Mobile / RV community including Mobile Television Products, Campgrounds, Travel and more!
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Just bought a used MH. Has Winegard RoadTrip SD. Attempting to hook up for first time. The prior owner used DISH which is what I am using. When I turn on the switch, I hear the unit moving, but the on/0ff switch does not light up. Should it?
I'm keep getting a Error signal from DISH telling me it can't aqquire signal. I am in the Portland Maine area. Any suggestions?
The on/off switch can be replaced with part number RP-RT01 and you can order that through our Inside Sales Team at 1-800-288-8094. Did you take the receiver from your house and place into the RV? If you did, here are some steps to follow when setting up the receiver for your RV.1. Select Menu on the remote control
2. Push the numbers 6, 1, 1
3. Select the option for check switch
4. In that screen it should read “installed switch unknown With X’s down below. If it says any other switch installed, disconnect the cables from the back of the receiver. Run the check switch test to clear it out when there is no signal lock at ALL.
5. It may come back as a warning that it has found fewer satellites… You will want to save the new info. Yes you are sure and then, ok that the cables are disconnected.
6. Reconnect the coax cable (s)
7. Cancel out of that screen To the “point dish screen”
8. Set the satellite for 119
9. Set the transponder for 11
10. Set the tuner to input 1.(if available)
11. Start a search by turning your Winegard system on
12. When it locks onto the 119 satellite, And it will no longer move, run another “check switch” test
13. After the test your screen should read SW-42 and list 119 odd and even and 110 odd and even.
14. If you need a SW64 then it will also show 129 odd and even.
If the 129 satellite comes up as an error, and you have HD programming:
Change your dip switches to numbers 5 and 6 up with all of the others ones in the down position.
Then start the receiver set up all over again starting at step 8.
PS Make sure that you are not using the DP Separator on the back of the receiver
If you still having problems locking onto signal, please call our Tech support line at 1-800788-4417.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
© 2012 Winegard Co. All Rights Reserved