Low-maintenance skid antennas offer superior ease of operation
BURLINGTON, Iowa – (November 14, 2011) – Winegard Company, a leader and innovator in satellite and terrestrial antenna solutions for nearly 60 years, is now offering customized skids designed for their VSAT antennas. Developed for the oil and gas industry, the skid-deployed VSAT antenna systems deliver rapid deployment, and high-availability broadband connections in a rugged, portable package.
With the volatility in oil prices, the oil and gas industry is constantly looking to control operating costs. Skid-deployed antennas are in increasing demand because they can easily be transported from site to site as needed; enabling IT managers to allocate bandwidth as changes in demand occurs.
“We understand the pressure our end-customers are under to control costs,“ said Jon Manley, Director of Engineering and Business Development for Winegard. “Our skid-deployed antennas do not require a skilled technician to set up and deploy, thus offering the lowest total cost of deployment.”
Winegard’s new skid-deployed systems feature the following benefits:
- Portability: Designed to be moved from site to site.
- Rugged: The skid acts as a protective barrier from damage, weather and other hazards. They operate in winds exceeding 50 mph and in temperatures of -40˚F to 127˚F, making them extremely rugged and durable.
- Easy Maneuverability: Eyelets are positioned on the skid so that a fork lift or crane can easily lift the unit in and out of the truck.
- Effortless Deployment: A unique gas-strut lift mechanism raises and lowers the antennas and requires minimal force from operator to adjust.
- Fully Customizable: Winegard designs and manufactures custom skids to accommodate any size antenna for any application.
Winegard introduced the two new skid antenna designs at the recent Offshore Communications Show in Houston, TX. For more information about Winegard’s VSAT antennas, visit http://www.winegard.com/vsat.
Winegard Company is a respected world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative antenna products for satellite and terrestrial communications. Since its founding in 1954, Winegard’s pioneering solutions have shaped the industry for home, recreational vehicle (RV), truck, marine, medical and automotive antennas. The company’s VSAT 2-way antennas provide real-time broadband solutions for extreme and remote environments in support of the oil and gas industries, as well as military and emergency response teams.
Winegard is a privately-owned company that designed the first antenna for the U.S. It has designed more than 1,000 antenna models and does custom antenna design and development work. To learn more about Burlington, Iowa-based Winegard, visit http://www.winegard.com or call 800-288-8094.