BURLINGTON, Iowa – (March 25, 2009) – The Winegard Company’s Special Products Division is answering the need for a robust two-way VSAT satellite communications system designed for the rigorous conditions of the energy and emergency response industries. Winegard’s two-way satellite antennas feature extremely heavy-duty construction and incorporate hydrophobically-sealed motors and the strongest, most rugged actuators in the industry. These features allow for maximum reliability in extreme environments.
And now, its new, next-generation WX series of auto-aimers offers more elevation and azimuth resolution for better fine peaking, and incorporates a mounting option for an oversized BUC (block up-converter) to achieve higher data rates when necessary.
Winegard two-way VSAT satellite communications systems are available in 0.96 meter, 1.2 meter and 1.8 meter configurations, as well as a 0.84 meter size specially made for smaller vehicle applications. All Winegard two-way systems are auto-deployable and provide phone, fax, internet search, video, SNG (satellite news gathering), and VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) capabilities, as well as cell phone backhauls. The antenna subsystem performance can be monitored from remote locations.
The systems handle slopes of ±12°. Other superior design parameters include exceptional snow load (8” deep at 8lbs/cu.ft.), operational wind load (50+mph), temperature tolerance (-40° F to 122° F), and typical lock times of three to five minutes.
Unlike other systems weighed down with a cable harness, the Winegard two-way systems offer single-wire hookup for control of the antenna. “The single-wire coaxial cable hookup is definitely an advantage,” noted Winegard Director of Engineering Jon Manley. “It’s quicker and easier to install. And, since it’s standard material, it’s field-replaceable.”
The antenna controller is fully integrated, offers easy to use, single-button operation, and provides excellent user interface with the industry’s only color, interactive touch screen.
A built-in DVB receiver and GPS allow the Winegard controller to work on most platforms available in the industry including HughesNet, iDirect, Spacenet, ViaSat, Nera and Comtech. The rack-mountable controller requires no external PC for operation.
“Customer service is extremely important to us,” said Special Products Director, Sales and Marketing Brent Guffey. “We provide less than a one-week turnaround for repairs in the U.S. with most two-way system replacements available overnight. And our 24/7, toll-free call center [877.704.1112] provides immediate response to our customers’ critical concerns in the field.”
Winegard Company, incorporated in 1954, has been a leading producer of quality television reception products for over 50 years. The company has built a worldwide reputation based on an unwavering commitment to innovation and continuous improvement in the quality, cost and delivery of its products, services and processes.
Winegard currently manufactures and markets five distinct product lines:
• Special Products: Two-way VSAT satellite communications systems for the enterprise, energy, and emergency response industries in 0.84 meter, 0.96 meter, 1.2 meter and 1.8 meter configurations.
• Mobile Television Reception Products: Recreational vehicle, truck, marine, and automotive applications. Digital and HD satellite TV antennas ranging from manual crank-up models to fully automatic stationary and in-motion systems with GPS/DVB. DTV and HDTV bi-directional and omni-directional over-the-air antennas. Ground antenna mounts and accessories.
• Satellite TV Antennas and Mounts: Residential antennas ranging in size from 46 cm to 1 meter, including mounts and accessories.
• Over-the-Air DTV/HDTV Antennas: DTV and HDTV VHF/UHF/FM TV antenna systems, distribution and preamplifiers, power supplies and accessories.
• Telemetry: Medical and data antenna systems, distribution amplifiers, power supplies and accessories.